Old 07-09-2008, 11:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jazpoppy
This catz gone wild!!!

I want to know how NA members feel about MMT patients

I have read some sad stories online about MMT patients attending NA meetings and being met with animosity about being on methadone maintenance to help them stay clean from illegal opiates. I used to be on MMT, I didn't attend NA during the time I was on the clinic because I thought I would be criticized and I am very sensitive. Am I right or am I just reading too much into a few bad stories? Please, anyone that can let me know their opinion on MMT patients as NA members, whether your thoughts and opinions on them are that they should not be on MMT and until they are off MMT they are considered not clean, OR, the other side of the coin, an NA member(s) that thinks MMT patients have just as much a right to be considered clean as any NA member (due to the fact that they are on physician prescribed medication to deal with their severe disease of addiction). Let me know. I'm not asking so that I can take sides, I just have a healthy interest in knowing how other's feel so that I can validate or invalidate my feelings about not wanting to attend NA while on MMT because I thought I wasn't clean. Thanks.

Jaz