View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
strongerwoman
Can't make sense out of crazy.

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Hi Strongerwoman,
I am so sorry for you and your daughter.
To be honest, if that was me, I would have gone over to his apartment and picked her up and not told him. Now, I am the recovering A and only 2 months sober, SO that is probably not the healthiest advice BUT I do think that he deserved a little scare and a wake up call as to what could happen when she is left alone.
I am an ACOA too and the best thing that ever happened to me when I was a kid was someone taking me to Alateen. It truly gave me a sense of empowerment. Just something to consider along with counseling. It felt so god for me to know I was not the only kid going through it.
Oh, believe me, if I had known when it was happening, that's exactly what I would have done.
Instead, she lied to me and told me she was calling because she couldn't sleep and that her dad was there asleep.
See, last time this happened, he told her not to tell me.
And even though I had a discussion with her about that after she did tell me days later, she did lie to me when it happened a second time.
She is afraid of making him upset with her if she tells me what she knows he doesn't want me to know.

But yeah, if she had told me she was there and he was gone I would have gone there and gotten her in a heartbeat.