View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lightseeker

I would be freaked out too. What do you want to know? They are particularly dangerous when used in a non-prescribed fashion. I'd google them to get the full skinny on them. Probably the easiest way to get information. In light of this, my concerns are for you. Are you in a safe and secure environment? Is your living situation/finances separate and apart from your ABF's? Are you taking care of yourself? There is nothing that you can do to change his desires or behavior....no amount of love is going to help him stop using. No pleas, no tears, no rationale. I know that you love him and care for him (otherwise he wouldn't be ABF) but the stark reality is that he is using a potent and very addictive drug. There are alot of overdoses in people that use that patch illegally. It's a scary thing. It's meant to be used as a patch and addicts somehow are able to figure out a way to inject the drug. Truly, at this point, my worries are for you and how you are managing to care for yourself. Are children involved? Prayers and thoughts are with you.