View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
strongerwoman
Can't make sense out of crazy.

Originally Posted by lizw View Post
I don't know if this idea has occured to you BUT from what I've read, and from your previous posts too, I would bet money on the fact that your daughter is probably naming off your bad traits/habits/acts to your ex as well, because she is trying to get someone to pay attention to her while you and your ex are fighting it out and/or making it up.

If you can't start building a support network of your own and making some permanent decisions based on facts, not possiblities (i.e he may actually stay home tonight and watch the kid) for your own sake, do it for your kids. They haven't asked to be in this situation and as an adult and their mother it is your job to act responsibly, saying you don't have to because he's not, or trying to put all the blame on him just doesn't cut it.

In Al Anon they say there is a difference between being a victim and being a volunteer. Victims generally are involved in a situation which is a one off random occurance.....
While I appreciate your response, I'm not sure where you get the information to make the assumption that our daughter isn't getting appropriate attention from me.
Quite the opposite I can assure you. With me being currrently unemployed and it being summer vacation, our daughter is pretty much my constant companion, we spend almost all of our time together doing all kinds of different things. I don't know where the idea came from that she is being ignored or that her needs weren't being met.

This original post was to vent about him repeating an action that put our daughter in a bad situation. One that we had talked about and he agreed wouldn't happen again. I stupidly trusted him on that. It happened a second time and so now, she won't be spending overnights there any longer.
We talked & I've explained it to her and she understands mostly. She's also starting counseling.

Also, any fighting or confrontations with stbxah are done in email or in personn when the children are not present.

I'm not seeing where I am being so irresponsible here....