View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
i4getsm

Originally Posted by dunerkat View Post

he had the nerve to tell me today that i have chosen my granddaughter over him.
I know you are in pain and he certainly knows how to push your buttons but seriously...I wish you would get mad. That is class act manipulation. Just wanted you to see this from a different perspective. He is a grown up and he's accusing you of loving a child more than him. Is he 12!?! Sheesh! To stop the hurt, I had to take away my STBXAH's power over me. I can decide what I want to do, when I want to do it, and how I want to do it. Ya know? Whenever my STBXAH says something so ridiculous, I just put that "quack, quack" track on in my head. It keeps me from getting hurt and/or angry. I visualize this little duckie quacking his heart out and it takes away the sting of the words. Sometimes it actually makes me smile...which helps me diffuse those negative feelings. It took time for me to get in that head space where I wasn't constantly on the merry-go-round with my STBXAH. Reading here helped me a LOT. I'm also reading Codependent No More. I also see a therapist and we're working through these issues. Maybe you can find some support through a few different channels too. Continue to post here. Just reading others' experiences that were almost exactly like mine made me feel like I wasn't crazy and helped me to face up to the part I was playing. It also helped me to begin to release my A's power over me.