View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
butterfly19
"Welcome To The Future..."

madscientist,

Hi! I'm so glad you posted this question. I, too, was recently started on Buspar for my anxiety. Initially, I was started on 5mg twice a day. This was about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't tell anything at all, no better, no worse--felt like I wasn't taking anything at all actually. I told my psychiatrist about this, and he went ahead and bumped the doseage up to 10 mg twice a day. That was last Monday, and already I can tell a significant improvement in my anxiety and my mood!

How much are you on right now? It can take weeks before you achieve the full effect of the drug b/c it has to get into a steady state in your system. I think I noticed such a big improvement b/c I had already been taking the 5 mg for several weeks when it was increased to 10 mg.

It is a good drug, with relatively few side effects. I hope you'll notice an improvement soon. I have even noticed that I'm decreasing the use of my Ativan which is a great thing as well! Hope you get some benefit from it! Keep us updated on your progress!

Love,

butterfly19

:ghug2