Thread: Calling 911
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
WishIWasNormal

Originally Posted by Startingover2 View Post
Would you call 911 and report your AH when he drove completely intoxicated? I have done it twice now and they haven't caught up with him yet. He gets to where he is going before they can catch him. But I was wondering if the A can somehow find out it was me that called? I don't want him to find out but he really needs to be picked up. It may help him hit bottom but more importantly save someones life. He continues to drink and drive when he can't even stand up. He has managed to get away with this for 5 years now. He actually has empty beer cans all over his truck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I agree in theory that you should call, but since he is your H, you too will suffer all the repercussions i.e. financial and inconvenience (you will have to drive him everywhere or he'll be charged with DWS AND DUI next time.) Also, your insurance will go up and stay up for years. If he was just your BF you could keep things separate. Just some thoughts. Also, if the cop sees erratic driving and H fails FST and/or breathalyzer then there is no reason for them to contact you. If you're really worried, just call from a payphone and give the vehicle license # and location.