View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bigsister1982

Thank you all so much for your notes. Although I knew I wasn't a member of the only family with a drug addiction - I never realized so many people were in this same boat.

Update - little brother still at home. I called today, he answered, but I couldn't stomach the thought of talking to him. I just asked for my mom and when she wasn't around, said I'd call back and hung up. They are going to the bank tomorrow to figure things out. Apparently he screwed up and at least some of the money (he says all, i say he's lying) is in limbo after a failed transfer.

I hate to say it, but I think I needed something like this. I dont' mean at all that what has happened has ANY kind of silver lining, but more like I knew it would come to a head before it gets better. There's been so much drama with his never-ending legal troubles, withdrawl, on again/off again using that I was sucked in, even after I went through counselling sessions. I cried a lot when I found out he did it, but today - I'm just pissed. And I've never been able to feel like that before. It's actually a great feeling!!!

I'm going to plan something really nice for my parents if they aren't able to recover the money. Maybe a few nights at a hotel a few hours away. My dad just sounded so incredibly sad last night when we were talking. A little bit about the money, because they've never had much and finally had a bit of a nest egg, but I think mostly because he can't believe his son did this to him when things were ... not looking great, but not at their worst.

I don't really know what to say - thanks doesn't cut it for the advice and friendship. I guess you all understand exactly what I mean.