Thread: The Enabler
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sorrycuse7

Unhappy The Enabler

I am the classic enabler. I look at it as if I have a big heart, but from what I understand, I may actually be doing more damage. I am in love with a user. I have seen every possible side to this man, the lover, fighter, workhorse, and especially the father to my 3 month old daughter. This is the hardest battle that has been put in front of me. I am putting all of my faith into the lord to help him, because at this point I feel as if I am beating a dead dog. He has cried out for help, but is too much of a coward to go get it. They say rehab, jail, or death is the only way out. I don't feel that cold turkey is an option for him. He is burning more and more bridges daily, with family, friends, and his home. It is affecting a job that he busts his ass on a roof for 60 hrs, on a good week, to empty pockets the day after payday. I don't know what to do..I have given every ultimatum in the book, He is currently out of my home, and has moved on to his next enabler, the big brother...I am so scared that he is gonna die...it is taking over my life, because I am so worried about him. What should I do????????????????