View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
beegee

Lady,
Is it possible your mom doesn't understand what harm she is doing because...I know all I kept telling my self the last two years was I can't shut the door and put her in the street so she can get raped. That was my BIGGEST worry. People said you have to let them fall down and I guess I just ignored all that Until I came here. It wasn't until I read some of the stickies and a lot of the posts that I realized how much harm I was doing thinking I was a loving mom.
Now that may sound lame but honestly SR was the biggest eye opener for me. I am one of those people that go with the experience people and you can't get any closer to addicts then here,They lived it are living it. Some have recovered and some have relapsed BUT they are all trying and fighting for their goals.
Maybe if you sent some emails to your mom from here about Codie, about what she is doing. Not sure if you tried that yet. That sticky "What Addicts Do" was my first real eye opener. I read that to my AD daughter crying and when I was done she said That is true, so true. Confirmation from her mouth was enough.
I didn't mean to go on and on just some moms don't get it like I didn't and the longer we play the worse it gets. I hope this may help you or your mom.
And you know what, it may take time for her to budge a little, maybe she is stubborn but know you did what you could.When she finally talks to you it may be a Good thing.:codiepolice Hugs to you for trying, she loves you