Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bren8854

My son is in rehab and I still can't get any peace

My son is in rehab and is in the 3rd week of a six week program. He has been in and out of rehab for the majority of the last year. On Friday I received a call from the counselor at the rehab facility that said my son is just coasting through the program. He said he was going to tell my son to either get with the program or leave today. He asked that I back him and tell him that he cannot return home if he doesn't finish the program. I expected him to say he would finish out the program doing only what was necessary to be allowed to stay. He called this morning and said he wants to leave. I told him that I would not let him return home. He keeps asking what is two more weeks going to do. He is right that two more weeks will do nothing because he has already made up his mind to get home to do more drugs. It is breaking my heart to think of him at the airport tonight looking for a ride. I tried to explain to him that he was only thinking of getting high tonight but to try to look at tomorrow morning and realize how much trouble he will be in. He has legal programs galore and I will not let him return home. He has progressed so far into this disease that he cannot think past tonight. I don't know if I'm making the right choice to cut ties with him now. I am heartbroken and worried to my core. I can't keep my mind on my word or anything else. I'm afraid his bottom will be death as he has overdosed several times. I couldn't live with myself if I put him out and he overdoses. I truly cannot believe he is choosing to come home to absolutely nothing. Please give me ideas and or strength.