View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Wanting to Call Mom...

Even through all of the crap my sister's addiction has put us through, and regardless of how much I come on here and vent about how upset I am with her state or mind, my mom and I have been very close, especially since I moved out of their house five years ago. I do realize, however, that a good two years of this was moreso both of us being addicted to my sister's problems than a healthy mother-daughter relationship.

Up until recently, we would talk every single day, usually while I was on my way home from work. Well, when we had that little fallout occur last week, something happened. I don't know what. But I still feel like I'm losing that bond that I had with her. We haven't really talked since my response to her email, in which I basically told her that I love my sister and want what's best for her, but that I also have to step aside and protect myself from the path of destruction she has caused. Apparently this did not go over too well, as I never got a response back, or even so much as a phone call. And I'm sure she told my dad what I said, which probably hurt him. And I hate feeling like I've hurt anyone, but especially my parents.

I want to call her, but a part of me is convinced that she'll just find a way to try to guilt me back into enabling her codependancy. Not that it would work, as I've grown somewhat accustomed to letting it go in one ear and out the other. But she gets upset with me when I don't feed into her ways of thinking, and I really don't want to get into that again. I couldn't handle it right now. But then again, this is my mom I'm talking about. So, I don't know what to do.