View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Hi Discovery, thanks for clarifying your situation.

I went through this with my exabf. He acted stupid and silly, it progressed from making annoying jokes, wanting to dance, asking me to do things, making me out to be a miserable b*tch when I wouldn't, one liners, fall about the room, knock things over, say insulting things and laugh them off, follow me and hurl abusive remarks at me when I tried to walk away from him, etc etc etc.

The progression I experienced was very much the mental and moral downfall of an alcoholic. This is why I wanted to convey my concerns in my initial post. I felt that this may be what you have been going through with him?! I've been around people who are drunk when I was sober, their ''silly'' actions quiet often made me laugh. My exabf's silliness made me full of irritation, sadness and led to feeling alone, unwanted and ridiculed.

If his behaviour is affecting you enough that you have to physically remove yourself from him, then it seems natural to me that you are feeling some of the same emotions, and I do not wish you to go down the same path I did.

An alcoholic cannot drink, fullstop. Besides the one or two eventually leading onto binge sessions, it is inevitable that the brain, damaged by over use of the drug, will inevitably go back to the distorted behaviour shown in the past. He hasn't been sober long enough to completely repair the damage he has done to himself. Perhaps this is the beginning of that slippery slope.

As much as I wish you find some peace within all of this, I don't think you will ever be able to reason logic with the mind of an alcoholic, which is what he is, less so when he is actively drinking, which is what he is doing.

I wish you serenity,

Love and peace to you
Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx