View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
scaredykat

Celebrating Sober

Hi guys,

This is a big week for me and my husband. He just had a Birthday a couple of days ago. Today is our Wedding anniversary and next week is my birthday.

Last year with all these things to celebrate was a big party week for us. We drank a lot of booze, and smoked a lot of pot. Luckily i didn't get into other drugs. I most likely would of been addicted to them too if I had an opportunity to try them.

Now I'm sober and life is so much better. I'm sticking close to my AA friends this week and tonight is a AA dance that we're going to. I'm looking forward to that. It's so neat that it's on this day for our anniversary so we have somewhere safe and sober to go to celebrate.

Next week on my Birthday my sponsor is taking me out for breakfast and a meeting and then we're going to go over my step work. So that's a great day for that too so i won't be at home whining to myself that it's my birthday and i can't drink any more.

I just wanted to share this with everyone to say it is possible to get sober and stay sober and that you can still celebrate occasions with out booze and drugs.

Barb

Last edited by scaredykat; 06-28-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling