Thread: Awesome!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 08:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by miss communicat View Post
anybody know what a PPO is?
Personal Protection Order. Say alcoholic husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend is threatening the other, go to court, blah, blah, and you can get the court to order party A to refrain from getting close to, communicating with, stalking, harassing, etc. party B.

She crews on the boat adjacent to the boat I crew on. When I first saw the order I thought that the language would prevent me from crewing. Celebrities have gotten PPO's on paparazzi, keeping them from approaching x distance away from the plaintiff.

And, what if, having keys that still would open the door to the van, she decided to enter the van-anywhere in the state-I couldn't ask her to leave without being in violation of the order, and subject to the interpretation of the police, get tossed in jail. I know, I tend to look at worse case, but I've had the feeling like I'm a homeless person lately, I have the same difficult possession issues with my ex-wife, she is still co-owner of this house even though she hasn't lived here in close to a year and a half she can enter the house at anytime, pretty much do whatever she wants and the police would dismiss it as a civil matter.

Maybe I should take out a PPO against the ex-wife?