Thread: No coincidence?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
Minding my own business does not include yanking a vehicle out from someone in a surprise move. That's an invitation for chaos. Minding my own business does not include responding to text messages or communicating in anyway to my former partner. That's an invitation for dialogue.

This relationship will be over when you stop being an active participant.
I had told her in the beginning of June that she needed to make alternate arrangements for transportation, in person and repeated later via email, that she had until the end of the month. She could find some method to remove me as co-signer and I would gladly sign off the title, or sign off the title and turn the vehicle over to me, I would have her removed from the loan. She was completely non-responsive. As co-owner of the vehicle I had the absolute right to seize it, which I did. When I told her that I was planning on recovering the vehicle, she threatened to hide it.

You may find it interesting that she used the exact same language that you used to describe the recovery of the vehicle. What I'm attempting to do here is remove the only entanglement we have, would be impossible to do this as long as I am a co-owner or a co-signer. As an alternative, you would suggest to continue to make payments when she doesn't, or let the loan become delinquent and have the finance company repossess the vehicle and wreck my credit in the process? Yeah, I did talk to a lawyer, they gave me the two options, take the vehicle, or keep making the payments when she misses them and try to recover your money when the loan is closed in 3-1/2 years.