View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tryingtofly

Painthorse: My RAH and I talk about his meeting and how often he goes to them. I know it's hard when they're going all the time, because throughout the drinking time I know I always thought "if he could just stop, we could spend more time together and have a stronger marriage" Then he stopped drinking and is going to meetings all the time. RAH leaves at 7 for an 8pm meeting, does the hour meeting, then goes for coffee afterwards - 3 times a week. By the time he gets home I'm in bed.
When I asked him about it and expressed to him that it was frustrating because I never got to see him, he explained that he's worried about the summer, but after summer he's going to see how he feels at 2 meetings a week, and he mentioned that he didn't need to go for coffee three nights a week after meetings.
I remember asking RAH about your concerns (re: your hubby bringing the lady neighbour to and from meetings) And he said it goes against what they taught him in AA. Men stick with men and ladies stick with ladies. His words "Although if she was stuck for a ride and really needed a meeting, sure he could take her there, but not all the time"

I think it's time for you to see a counselor. You need to worry about yourself and like the others said - work through this