View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

"...He took off on his Harley - I have no idea where. His parting shot was that if he went and drank tonight it would be my fault for being a b***..."

Well, number one, you are NOT a b****; second, although you are a powerful woman (all womyn in relationships with alcoholics/addicts are strong womyn), BUT even you are not strong enough 'make' him drink tonight; and finally, if he does drink, I shore hope he don't hurt that thar Harley..... (o:

There were a couple of things that you said about what you said to him that perhaps could have been said differently.....BUT his reactions to you are totally outta line.....to me it sounds like there might be more goin' on than just meetings.....

You said.....:

1) "...I have tried to talk to him and ask why the sudden increase in meetings..." and

2) "...All I'm asking for is for him to explain to me why he feels that he has to go to mettings every night when he hasn't in the past..."

Now obviously I don't know exactly what words you used or how you went about these questions, but (now, don't get mad now) his REASON(S) for going to more meetings now really isn't any of your business. Perhaps, if you have another chance, you might want to leave asking him why out of the conversation and just talk like you've talked here....like: you see eachother so rarely, right now you feel that you're being totally shut out of his life....

Anyway, I hope you get through this [well, shucks, of course you'll get through this.... (o: ]......hang tough grrl

NoelleR