View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
painthorse60

Well, I tried again tonight to talk to him and got the usual reaction - rage. He took off on his Harley - I have no idea where. His parting shot was that if he went and drank tonight it would be my fault for being a b***. He has no desire whatsoever to communicate with me at all unless we're talking about the weather or one of our grown kids.
Realistically, I know he's actually trying to control me by fear - and I hate to say it, but it's working. All I'm asking for is for him to explain to me why he feels that he has to go to mettings every night when he hasn't in the past. I'm not trying to question his program or recovery or whatever, but for some reason ANY question from me is threatening.
Pretty sure I've reached my limit this time. Not so much the lack of time or effort put into our marriage, but after 15 years of active addiction and going through rehab and all the rest, I've just had enough. Does that sound callous? I do love him, but I need to be more to somebody than a housekeeper and secretary!

Has anyone else on here ever suffered through the hard parts and then just reached their limit? It doesn't really make sense to me because the years of active addiction were really hard and I put up with an awful lot just becasue I really do love him. This name calling and breaking things in a rage is mild compared to past behaviors, but I've just reached a point in my life where I can't take anymore. I just want peace!