View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
painthorse60

question about AA meetings

I'm new here, but have a question regarding my AH's AA meetings.

My husband has been sober now for 3 years and has historically attended meetings 2 - 3 times per week. Within the last two months, he has suddenly decided to go every night. Although I support his meetings, this every night deal is leaving no time for us. He comes home from work, jumps in the shower and leaves. We live in the country, so a one hour meeting is more like a 2 1/2 hour one. By the time he comes home, it's well after 9:00 and close to bedtime. We can't go out for dinner, to a movie or anything because he " has a meeting". I know I need to be supportive, but if I'm going to be single, then I might as well truly be!

I have tried to talk to him and ask why the sudden increase in meetings, but I get nowhere. He says I'm trying to control him and that I can't possibly understand because I'm not an AA member. I understand that there are things I don't get, but right now I feel that I'm being totally shut out of his life. How do I get through this?

I thought him getting sober was going to be the answer to my prayers, but it seems that he's traded an alcohol addiction for a meeting addiction with the end result being the same - no time for a marriage.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.