View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Munky

Hi Anna,

Well, I've been through counceling once for marijuana (was part of court diversion) and that was the only time I had ever told a professional about my problem with Oxy's. Back then, forgive the expression, it wasn't a problem. I wasn't physically addicted at that point so I thought it was nothing. When I started snorting them, everything changed. I'm not really a doctor person and try to avoid them unless I'm really sick (I don't have insurance).

After browsing the net for a while I kinda get the impression I'm not as addicted as some others may be. For the past 4 months or so I've been doing 50-80mg per day just so I could feel normal at work. I have a feeling I can handle this and I have devised a way to hopefully avoid the depression that comes along with the withdrawals. On the other hand, the longest I've gone without them during this period was 2 days, so I have no idea how I'm going to feel on Day 3 and beyond.

Anyway, I'd like to try and do this on my own. And by on my own, I mean no doctors and no prescriptions. If I have the courage and willpower to do that then perhaps I can do anything. Like, quit cigarettes (10 yr addiction on those). Well I'm going to stop babbling now, any tips and hints for dealing with the aches and pains would be much appreciated.