Thread: family drama
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Hey kpaul32 ----

I read in one of your earlier posts (from last month, I believe) where you say you're a recovering alcoholic with 11 months sober.....and here you say you've been living in this dysfunctional family setting for approximately 11 months.....

Are you working some kind of program....? I find it hard to believe someone with 11 months recovery does not understand the phrase 'cleaning house.'...hint, hint...it has nothing to do with a physical house, or who shares a physical house.....it's all internal, not external.

In regards to your 'family' situation....well, I don't know what to say....my suggestions could only be based on my personal experience, and the only time 'family' problems arose for me, I always put myself first.....my life, and my recovery are always first and foremost; without my recovery I would not have life; without life.....well, I'm kinda partial to it right now, so I believe I'll keep it.....and if crazy family are messing with my serenity, well, changes will be made; I just won't let myself be stuck in situations where my serenity/recovery are put in jeopardy.

NoelleR