Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wilbsoon

Thanks guys and gals for the encouragement. My wife says I'm still clean but why doesn't it feel like it? Well, actually it does, no withdrawels like I feared and I feel normal. However my wife spoke to my counsellor who said I was crazy not to take pain medication in the circumstances but I feel I can't and won't besides the normal non opiate stuff. So now I'm awake while the wife sleeps cause it hurst like hell. What a whinger I am, but I would take this over WDs anyday.

I see my surgeon (who fixed it last time) in a few days. According to the Dr at the ER I have screwed up some tendons and the joint (It was out for over an hour before I got to the ER) but he aint no expert. There is a fair bit of swelling for just a dislocation and hope I don't need surgery (and more pain meds), but I guess I will cross that bridge when and if I get to it. Things such as this are teaching me to deal with life, and pain, without taking a pill.

And thanks Windy, you are such a crackup, the laughing made it hurt more but it was worth it...

Thanks again for all your encouragement. I hope in this experience I can help someone out in the future like you guys do me.