View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mle-sober
mle-sober

I like the conversation about it all. I know it can be a touchy subject but when people are openly sharing their views without picking apart other peoples' views, I just really appreciate the dialogue. It's interesting to me.

I feel so grateful for AA - for the way in which my homegroup and my sponsor has guided and supported my sobriety, for the way in which I feel at home like I'm with a completely accepting and supportive family, for the openness and inclusivenss and the example that the very diverse group sets for me to be a good human being.

In a way, that's also what I heard in your post, Log Cabin.

I'm not Jewish but I'm raising 2 Reform Jewish sons - their Dad is Jewish. And I love how our Rabbi talks about God and the issue of what is true and real. Jews love the questions more than the answers. I completely get that. I love it. That's where I can comfortably reside.

I am so grateful that AA has answers to lead me in my sobriety. And when it comes to the question of a HP, I'm so grateful that AA leaves the questions open for each of us to discover in our own way - even if it means being more comfortable with an openended question.

Ranier Marie Rilke is a poet whose work I've really loved. One of my favorite quotes from him is really about love I think, but it applies also to life in general:

"I want to beg you, as much as I can, to be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue...Resolve to be always beginning -- to be a beginner!"