View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Daddio
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Hey Log. When I first read your thread all I could think about was, "Geez, another dang atheist"! But after reading your various responses though I figure that you're probably an OK schmoe. As a Christian (and no not one that found God when I was down in the gutter) I love everyone. I may not like certain actions, but I do love everyone. And as such, I respect your opinion about my God. That is, that you don't believe in him.

As a Catholic I can't take the pieces and parts that I like and don't don't like to make up a religion that fits me. That's why there are 30 something thousand Protestant varieties of religion out there today. It's all a matter of "faith" that I believe. Just as I have faith in the brakes on my car, or that there is road on the other side of the hill, or that the plane will fly - so do I have faith in my God.

I am just glad that we all have a connection with this third rock that allows us to continue on our journey of sobriety and recovery. Yours may vary from mine, but hey, it seems to be working.

Thanks to the Forum Leaders for allowing a little lattitude in this thread to air these thoughts.