Thread: 2 days of hell
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
ruch

Originally Posted by horton View Post
yeah man it is. thanks for asking. Got outside for a bit just to walk to the corner market. Needed some coffee. I end up seeing the girl that lives a couple doors up from me she jokingly asked me about the mirror and damage to my new car and if I got hit. embarrassingly i told her that I did it and i had been drinking. Out of no where she tells me a story how she woke up in a kiddie pool with bongos and a tricycle 5 years ago and hasn't had a drink since. I can't help but think that it wasn't just a coincidence that I ran into her this morning. She cheered me up a little bit with her story and the fact that I see how well she is doing and that she has pulled her life together and managed to stay clean for 5 years. We talked for a few minutes and went on our way but, i feel a lot better today. Still an emotional mess but I am ready and kind of excited now. Looking forward to staying sober and hoping it lasts.

How are you holding up? Did you eat your way out of the pizza barricade yet?

I don't know how much you have or haven't looked into a program to work but I struggle mightily with fitting myself into AA because of the whole higher power issue. But I do believe in Karma. The few times I got clean and stayed that way for a while I did notice things happened that obviously "happen for a reason". You going down to the store and having a conversation with that girl...I have a difficult time throwing that into the conincidence category. Seems to me that it was meant to happen. You were struggling and out of no where you find a reason for hope. How awesome is that? Good luck with everything. Keep on keeping on.

Me, I'm much better today. Still haven't ventured into the world but don't feel the same level of anxiety at the thought of it either. The truth is it's too dam hot outside today and I enjoy my couch inside my air conditioned home. Tomorrow is Monday, then I'll have no choice but to venture out.