View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LogCabin
Seriously Fun!

Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
I hear the crickets chirping.

LOL! And in a way...353 is right. For I do feel that My HP is also everyone else's... (The old, "we're all looking into the same house from the outside from different windows).

except...I see that so many people believe in someone directing them in thier life. "God's Plan". If this is not traditional bible language...I don't know what is.

There are so many people who do believe in an afterlife. I'm just not one of them.

I just read the BB again...and while it states over and over again that we are free to choose a HR of our own...it also keeps stating that we have to "find him now". And lots more bible talk. I also just finished reading, "Came to Believe", and I was very pleased to find that all kinds of different views are written in the chapters. From hard core Bible reciters to atheists.

But in the end...the bottom line..etc...is that we either - 1. already believe in a god. 2. rejected and come back to a god, 3. turn from being an atheist/agnostic. Or 4. come to a definition of HP that works for an Atheist.

So I do feel welcome at meetings no matter what I believe.

The chapter to the agnostic (Couldn't he have written "atheist" too?) wrote that if I was unwilling to accept all religious views then I was closed-minded. And so I do take info from all religions and ideas.

And back to the topic. One of the reasons I go to AA is that there are so many of them where I live. And they are especially helpful in the first stages of getting clean and sober. That is what it is all about. Getting clean and sober.