View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LogCabin
Seriously Fun!

I was just able to attend a free medically supervised detox through the city and county where I live. I didn't have a job, or any health insurance.

It was not the best of situations, but I survived and learned to let go of A LOT of my own personal charater defects.

I was in a program that had people from the streets, and prisons, but I had no other choice. (I have never been on the streets, or to jail.) But it helped me see up close and personal who these folks really were.

I could not quit on my own, and so with a very happy smile I walked in the doors of this place once I (with the help of my Dad and his girlfriend) found it. There were many road blocks, but I refused to give up.

Try calling the program that helps the homeless in your area, or a church group that helps the homeless. Sometimes you have to really prove how serious you are about going into a program, and show up every morning...or something like that. But if we really want it...we will go to any lengths. Don't give up. Help IS out there.

I'm grateful to be alive, clean and sober today. And so grateful I asked for help.