View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jlo34
Grateful recovering alcoholic

The only problem with cutting meetings is not knowing how many can be cut before drinking is appealing once again. It doesn't happen right away, it just creeps in one day at some time unbeknownst to you. My opinion, the weekend meetings would be most important; that's the time I have the most free time.

I've been sober for many years and I do appreciate trying to balance work, family and meetings. I had cut a meeting or two too many over the past year and nearly drank. My excuses, family, work. Without being sober neither of those are going to matter when I'm drunk.

Getting a sponsor, working the steps, reading the Big Book, 12&12, going to meetings, getting good AA contacts that you can talk with (and feel comfortable talking with). Those are the keys. At this point, if you decide to drop a meeting (I'd recommend only trying 1 a month at most!!), make up for it by checking in with your sponsor or another guy in AA. Making sure you have daily contact with AA is important, especially in early sobriety.

Good luck, blessings.
Jen