Thread: What to expect
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Lobo

Beegee,
My daughter used drugs for 6 yrs. and I am not sure I always knew. I think sometimes when she was not sober I thought she was and vice versa. She is also bi polar so it was hard to know sometimes what was going on with her. At one point her addiction really got out of control and she was living away at that time. Half of the time I didn't know where she was. Well she also chose recovery and she was doing really well. Working 2 jobs, bought herself a car. She fell off of a ladder at work and fractured her tailbone. The workman's comp. doc put her on vicodin and she had trouble getting off of it. She said she came very close to using street drugs again when she couldn't get another RX.

Well, she packed herself off to a methodone clinic, so now that is what it is for now.
I was really upset about it and really disappointed but I had to remember that this is her recovery and she took control the best way she knew how at the time.

So it is really up to them and if she doesn't share a lot with you, you are probably better off for it. Sometimes the more you know, the more you worry about.

My best to you and your daughter...........Lo