View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
i4getsm

Hey Lexusgirl! I've been wondering how you've been doing. It does hurt to see them doing well after they are gone. My STBXAH just went out and bought car seats for the kids so he could take them to church on Sunday (he NEVER wanted to go to church when he was here). He's making plans to go to the beach with his parents over the summer (he HATES the beach and would NOT go with me and the boys this year). He's acting all responsible and good - like a dad might act. Shocker!

So when I heard about the church thing yesterday, it really hurt me. I couldn't let go of it at first. Then I started to remember - oh yeah - I asked him to leave because he was making ME miserable. Even if it looks good on the outside, I know that if we were back together it would be cr#p. I think you know that too, but it's still hard to think they are "better" and not take it personally. You are not responsible for him, and since you aren't with him on a daily basis, you don't really *know* what's going on...really going on. It's too easy to put on a smiling face and buy new things, but to feel like a shytty person inside.

You need to take off those rose colored glasses and take a look at the good things YOU have.