View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 12:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lovehim001

Cool could anyone help me?

My boyfriend has got into plenty of trouble with the law, because of alcohol. a couple dui's and a p.i. He was incarcerated for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years because of his poor choice to drink and then drive a car. these 2 weeks were so hard on me, but mainly because i knew how upset he was. He was released on bail a January 3rd i believe. He had been on house arrest for about 4 mos. I am almost positive he never drank during that time He was promising me up and down that he was done drinking and i would always say well let's see when you are able to do what you want...when you want to do it. He knows that i believe he can stay sober i just don't think [I]HEE[I] thinks that he can. Anyways the DAYY he got off house arrest...he drank that evening. It wouldn't be AS BAD except they gave him this device he has to blow into whenever the alarm sounds to make sure that he isn't drinking. I guess that he just ignores it or just doesn't go home if he knows he is unable to blow. I just don't know if this behavior is just defiance and he needs to grow up (he is 22 years old) or if these are signs of a true drinking problem. His father was an alcoholic and my boyfriend remembers his mom driving around to bars and clubs late at night sometimes to find his father. They divorced and his father drank more and more. After all was said and done he was in a half way house for the majority of my b/f's high school career. He finally realized though one day when his mom drove him back to the half way house then on her way home died. She was an elderly woman, but it tore him up and he finally realized all the years and EVERYYTHING that he had loss. (He has been sober for about 10-12 years adn he is now 50 years old.) The reason in saying this is i know my boyfriends talents and strengths and he truly is AMAZING...when he isn't under the influence. He can achieve so much more, and he doesn't have to lose 20 years of his life to this POISON!!!! I guess i am asking him he has a drinking problem or if he just needs to grow up? and also if he does, if it is good to stand by him, allowing him to lie to me about what he is doing only for him to get a little to drunk and forget what he was telling me and me to catch him in a lie.