View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
prodigal

I'm glad you came here to vent. Vent away. I understand your anger; however, in getting a handle on my own anger I had to start by asking myself what exactly it was that was making me angry.

I assume your AH is zoned out on booze a good deal of the time. I also assume he doesn't give a fig if you hate him or not as long as he's free to pursue his addiction.

Thus, it would be helpful for you to start looking at what it is that is really making you angry. Anger is an extremely self-destructive emotion if it goes unchecked for long periods of time. I know this from personal experience. I was able to detach the alcohol from the alcoholic. No, I still don't particularly care for my AH, but I no longer hate him. I found my anger and hatred towards him was a huge expenditure of my own energy and was hampering my recovery.

I also discovered the person with whom I was most angry was myself. I am still working on forgiving myself for making some really terrible choices; marrying my AH being one of them.

Have a talk with yourself and start sorting through your anger. Anger that remains simmering just beneath the surface will eventually explode - and that explosion could make Mount Saint Helen's eruption look like a mere hiccup.