View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
I am so sorry to hear this.
It really does make me think that I dont have it bad at all.
All the while I am doing all I can it seems to destroy myself for no reason and there are people like you who are doing everything they can to survive.
Take care and make each moment count.

Trish

Just because I have issues with my life, my sister has issues with her life, you have issues with your life, all of us have issues with all of our lives, doesn't mean that our issues are not any more important than anyone else's. The issues that I have doesn't mean that my sisters issues are more important than mine and like wise.

Also Trish the part in the quote that I highlighted. It isn't YOU that is doing this to your LIFE, it is this damn addiction. I had a counselor one time that said she don't even consider a relapse in any Program until they have been clean for maybe 6 months of clean time. But during the first 6 months the way that she explained is that not only are we not mentally able to control any thoughts much at all of using but the obsession is a lot stronger during that time.

Also Recovery is a life time situation. I could just as easily relapse today!~ Don't think that my mind hasn't had the thought but that is all it is and whenever I get a thought like that I say "God, Don't let me think like that." and to tell ya the truth Trish I don't even have to believe that there is a God for it to work. Sitting here thinking.....

Well just want you to know that it isn't you Trish it is addiction. I still remember that first few months and I basically had to literly sit on my hands at times not to use. Sure I did want to use a lot but I just put it off, and I have been putting it off now for only a few 24's just like everyone else here. What do they say? If ya want what we have you have to do what we do.! Well I don't know about all that BS either but one thing I have learned if I don't pick up a needle of dope than I probably won't get high, if I don't pick up a crack pipe I probably won't get high, OK enough out of me I love ya....

OK THREAD is now un hijacked and I will make a updated post

Love ya Trish

Last edited by Luckyv2; 06-10-2008 at 07:24 AM. Reason: had to un hijack the thread ;)