View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
pedagogue

Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
Yeah... stuff I can do ... eat food, drink water, wash myself, play some games, clean a house kind of ... bleh... what an inspiration I am
To someone who can't do those things it could be. Unfortunately we live in a world that focuses too much on consumption, comparison, and superficial 'success'.....though I've noticed many of the happiest people out there aren't the ones with the most toys, best jobs, or most ability.....they are the ones who have learned to appreciate who they are as people. No more, no less. I'm not saying it is easy, because we aren't conditioned to think like that, but I do know it is possible.

I still think about short-comings I have and how I coulda/woulda/shoulda done things differently, but that kind of thinking doesn't get my anywhere but down. I try and look at the things I can do and would like to do in the future when I am looking to think about myself. Sometimes the best we can do for ourselves is just get up in the morning, and give ourselves a shot. It doesn't happen every day, but I know that if I don't get out of bed, I most likely won't be able to do anything differently, and then I'll be stuck feeling the same way.