Thread: advice please
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aztchr

advice please

Well, even before my sister's relapse, my mom's attitude has been awful about everything. I think she has so much anger and resentment toward my sister and how her addiction has affected the family, especially my mom. My mom had to give up a job because of needing to take care of my niece. My dad is on a medical retirement, but went back to work a couple days to keep the family afloat. So he's tired when he gets home and is parenting the grandchild, too. (Child's dad is out of state.)

Anyway, my mom is so negative toward everything. I hate to say it, but I think she likes complaining. She's stuck in the problems and not any solutions. Martyrdom comes to mind. I've invited her to a meeting and asked if she wanted to go do something (movie, lunch, etc.) but no. She has so much to do around the house, etc.

I like to be happy, joyful, and grateful. I try to extend this to my mom, but it's starting to be unhealthy for me to really be around her. Then she says you probably won't even want to come over here. You have your own life. Guilting me perhaps? I don't know. Misery sure does love company, but I hate to see my mom hurting so much.

Is there anything I can really do for my mom?