View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 02:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Privet

Oh god, your husband sounds just like my (soon to be ex) brother in law. He had a great job, was making a ton of money, and was pretty much able to support his wife and son. I knew he smoked pot, and thought that he is able to keep it under control. Then came the pills, that just about took over his life, but he was still kind of keeping it together, just enough to pay the bills. Mind you, he was spending so much on drugs, that extras like a vacation were out of the question. Then it got to the point where he spent every penny on drugs, and resorted to stealing. Stealing from his employers, stealing credit cards, etc. He got caught, and got fired. Now he's on the run from the law, and no one knows where he is.

END OF STORY: He spent every penny on drugs. What was a temporary ability to use, and still kind of support a family was very short lived. Now he has no job, no money, no home, no car, and soon no wife. He is insane from drugs and calls and harrasses everyone in the family. God, they could have had such a good life, if it hadn't been for the drugs. He was spending 1,000 dollars a week, I'M like....you could have gone to the Carribean, hired a babysitter for your kids everyday, and laid on the beach for that amount of money!!!

Really, how much is he spending on drugs? Just think of all the things you could have, that your kids could have if all that money weren't going up his nose, in his veins, or wherever it is going. Do you really want to wait until the very last second to get out of this mess? How will you get a divorce when he's on the run from the law, and you have no idea what his address is? That's what my sister is looking at.

I totally agree with the posters above, open a separate account, one he has no access to, and start saving before it hits the fan!