View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
rose

The answers to our questions....in the end we end up answering to ourselves in time. When there are children involved, it ends up moving more quickly to the answers.

My husband was the addict and still is and is not my husband any longer. His drug use got worse and worse in such a short time, less than 6 months and his actions from the use got him caught up with the law, then in turn they looked at his family and with having kids they started to focus on the children.

I received a call one day from Victim Services...polite but to the point...they said your husband is sick, can olnly help himself and I had better get with it and realize this quickly or they will be turning me into Child Welfare...no if ands or buts about it....wake up! Well I woke up, they were so right. It was not easy because now I could have no contact with him. But the grace of God, he was arrested and in jail.

I then knew where he was and with what I had left in me I gave to the boys. But as time went on with him gone my mind settled and I could gather things together. He got out and the first contact and convesation with him, he saught have told me that I was a deer when really I was a moose...just a way he had to talk me over and he sure knew how to do it.

As time has pasted now, we see nothing of each other, nor does he have any contact with his son's....where is he..on the streets, no home, job or family....could I have stopped it? NO! Well for sometime, but that end outcome I am sure would have been, my boys with no home either.

We let him go....must say I have always prayed that he would get it together, but he still to this day has not. Thought the court they gave me the home, I have sold it and we are now moving...where some of the financial burden he left behind is gone.

I am sorry but while an addict is in full force, there is not ! thing we can do...nothing to stop it....

Take care...

Rose