Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bigsister1982

Thank you all so much for your advice. Fortunately, I have NEVER had a problem sleeping, I think that's the only part of my life that my anxiety hasn't affected! I like the idea of a natural remedy, thank you, codeinewife. I'm going to find out what I can online. I hate the idea of dealing with this issue of a drug addict by taking drugs

Marle, you are right about relaxing and having fun. I have really dealt with all this by locking myself in my house and crying... I need to get in touch with my friends. They all know what's going on (an edited version) so they have been awesome with giving me space. I think I need to have a camping weekend or just get away somewhere where I can't compusively check email/news sites to see if anything has gone wrong.

I think it's a control thing and until we finanlly give up the ghost, we harbor a sense that we can somehow influence the outcome and make a difference.
This definitly hit the nail on the head, outtolunch. I replay things that happened last summer and think, if only I'd visited my family that weekend. If only I'd told my parents not to let friends stay over. If only....

Thanks so much. I love this place and hearing the good and the bad. It makes my odd life feel a lot more 'normal', which is unfortunate, but I'm glad I'm not alone.