View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by loner1968 View Post
If you've read any of my posts then you are familiar with my story so I hope you can help me with this. I am 39 and have only had 2 boyfriends! I was with my second bf for about 1years. Another 2 were spent doing this disgusting "dance."

My gut has ALWAYS told me when there was something wrong but as many of you know when you grow up in a dysfunctional home and spend almost half your life with an AB...things get kind of twisted.

I was told I was crazy...I thought I MUST be crazy because there is no way that all of these fears I have could be rational. Well...guess what...they all were. As I found out much too late.

If you are involved in the insanity long enough you start to question yourself, buying into the others' insanity. Black becomes white. Up becomes down. You might not know how to learn to have a normal relationship now, but if you stay away from the unhealthy ones and start working a program, after a period of time you will no longer be attracted to unhealthy people, and healthy people will be attracted to you. That's what they tell me, and I have to believe them. I can't keep taking the same lessons over and over again. My thought go out to you.