View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
eccentricmuse

PAWS after one night of drinking?

Is it possible to experience PAWS after only one night of drinking? I was sober for 12 days, but had a slip last night (I had about 3/4 of a bottle of red wine, but drank it in 10 minutes...my intention wasn't to drink the wine - it was actually a part of a performance art piece I was doing, but we had two shows lined up for the evening and I felt like I wasn't performing up to par with the first one, so I drank because I knew that I could tap into that altered creative state...obviously there are some perfectionism issues here I need to work on. Once again I did not put my sobriety before my art. Some might say I am using art as an excuse to drink?)...anyway, I woke up a little hungover this morning, but during the day I felt like my head was kind of in a fog and I felt like I was laughing more than usual, not necessarily because things were actually funny...but it was almost like being inebriated a little, and laughing at everything. I couldn't articulate myself very well and I felt like I was moving around kind of slowly...maybe it's also because I didn't drink much coffee this morning (something I usually need to get the day going), tiredness from a busy weekend, and I think I'm coming down with a cold...But can you get PAWS after only drinking one night?