Old 06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rose

Thanks 11D,

Your post helps alot...so much similarity. We did so much together. Every New Years Eve we spent together with the kids, we would order live Lobster and have a BBQ at either their place or our, take our PJ's and spend the night.
We did the same thing for Halloween, all dress up, we came up with something every year. She has red hair and so does her daughter, one year we did the Flintstones, she was Wilma, her daughter was Pebbles, I was Betty, my son who is short and stalky was Bam Bam, my Husband was friend and her husband was Barny, my oldest son was Mr.Slate. We has so much fun even making the costumes.

The 1st New Years I was a mess, my husband had just been picked up for 5 robberies in late Dec so I was not in any mind frame to even realize or care about New Years...the 2nd year I was more together and went over to their place, got my pj's on and we had Lobster. The 3rd year they went over to some other friends house and did the Lobster dinner, I was really upset inside, not so much of a hint of an invite to come along. Then Halloween and they are making costumes and dressing up...though they did ask me to come, I had to decline as my boys were into doing their own thing and I didn't want to go and leave them for the night. But since then I have never been asked again.

I know we have drifted apart and I have to except that, but I quess what is bothering me is inviting them to come over a month away for a BBQ and they say "we will have to see" that hurts.

Rose