Old 06-01-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
needtolearn

Is there a Salvation Army shelter in your town? I hate to say lie about it, but maybe a battered women's shelter. You know, you are in fact being abused. You are being abused, by the court order he has against you. You are being abused by his addiction, and your children are being neglected. Furthermore, in his addiction, his character is very toxic and abusive for you and the kiddos.

Lots of people think abuse is just being hit, punched, etc. Domestic violence has a VERY broad definition nowadays, and includes emotional abuse, neglect, torture, witholding of affection, needs, etc from ANY member of your family or household. If you want, PM me, and I will send you a more inclusive list of what Domestic Violence and Abuse entails.

Next, someone mentioned interview clothing. Is there a Dress for Success chapter in your town? Look them on online. Also, ask the pastor if he has space for you and kiddos to stay in church basement maybe? Are there "soup kitchens" that you can eat in? Transitional housing?

Ask your caseworker for a list of community resources for money, housing, food, shelters, places to bathe and wash clothes, free clothing, medical care, etc. I know this is humilitating, very time consuming, and the people along the way at these places, some of these people aren't very endearing. But at least it's a start on the road to self-suffiency.

Also, get help from Legal Aid to get this court order lifted.

Just some suggestions.