Old 06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
strongerwoman
Can't make sense out of crazy.

Question

Okay, I need some direction with this:

As I stated I go to a megachurch, very cool, modern church that welcomes EVERYONE, the church for people who don't like church.
The most welcoming place you could imagine, the people are great.

Anyhow, my second oldest daughter is best friends with a girl whose mother is one of the founding members of the church and also one of the main pastors.
Like I said I attend church there but slip in and out and haven't really developed a relationship with anyone there. So the mother of my daughters friend is the closest connection I have there. My daughter has spent soooo much time at their home, they are very wealthy (the father/husband is a Dr) and all of their friends are wealthy so we don't hang with the same crowds and I've always been too ashamed of how low income we are and how crappy our home is which has prevented us from inviting them over or developing a friendship with them as I've always been too intimidated and embarassed.

I really want to email my daughters friends mother and ask her if she would put our family on the "urgent prayer" list, as I know they have a huge prayer network at the church.
My problem is, I dont know....it seems so low to ask this woman for prayer, to admit to the mother of my daughters best friend how bad things are here.

So difficult. Do I just say:

Dear xxxx, Our family is really struggling since my AH moved out and I was finishing nursing school. We are on the verge of eviction and could you please place us on the prayer list at church? Thanks so much, xxxx

Does that sound okay? Sounds corney to me.
Is that enough detail? I am usually long-winded and dont want to sound all dramatic and pathetic, ect....

Also, how do I politely ask her not to discuss this with her daughter? My daughter would be mortified if she knew I was talking to her friends mom about this.