View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
11d

My RAH went into rehab Oct. 26.. He was caught using at work. I NEVER KNEW! I would have never have said my husband used drugs. But he was. I saw the signs and thought he was in depression. I am also a nurse!

My point is that those around her maybe not really "KNOW" for whatever reason. My husband's employer's confronted him. He had NO CHOICE! Addicts have to fall hard and suffer the consequences of their actions before they can save their life. All I can say after knowing what I know now. I would have confronted him and told him what my boundaries are. I do not live with addicts/alcoholics. The state can take my children from me also. She can lose her kids! Only she can help herself. If she wants help then she will seek it. If she doesn't then no amount of threats, begging, pleading,.... will do it. They have to want it. BUT thinking of the safety of those kids, I would confront her and let her tell her family/parents/spouse or I would. Those kids deserve better. It is an unsafe environment. Obviously, her family knows something is up or they would not have asked you to talk with her. I would tell them that they need to talk her. Don't soften the her fall!

Take what you want and leave the rest!