View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
headstrong13

I was on Zoloft for a good year, and it didn't help at all. I still wasn't leaving my house & couldn't bear to be around anyone. My doctor put me on xanax, I take one 2 milg throughout the day (I break it into quarters and take one every 5 hours or so)... So I actually take less than 2 milg actually. This is what works for ME, not everyone is the same, I think it depends on how bad your panic disorder is. I was seriously at the point where I wouldn't go out, period. That's when you know it's bad.. With the xanax, I'm fine. I don't have panic attacks at all & I'm able to go out now.

Again I say not everyone is the same! What works for one person, may not work for another person. I personally find that physciatrists are often too quick now to put the person on an anti-depresent medication, that may help (often it doesn't as it turns out I've heard from a lot of people)... I went to see someone else & they wanted me to switch from the xantax too prozac, and I didn't. I don't ever want to feel the way I did, NEVER again! So I choose to listen to my body & knowing what's best for me. Another prime example is my heart rate, which is normally 60-70 beats, without my medication it was up closer to the 100 mark, NOT good!

I understand their reservation to put one on a benzo, their extreamly addictive.. So I respect why they throw people on the anti-depresents.

Good luck~
LC