View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DSodaNow

My husband came to a meeting with me....

Hi Everyone-

Last night my husband came to a birthday meeting with me. I was at first excited that he wanted to go and see better for himself what I have been doing with my time for the past month. But I left the meeting very disturbed and actually upset by the time that we went to bed.

A little background on my husband. He is not an alcoholic. He is an engineer and by nature a very analytical person. He has been very supportative of me over the years and has really stuck by me thru some crappy situations. And he has been very supportative of me going to AA and admitting I am an alcoholic. I think it hurt him that I lied to him about my drinking for so long, but he seems willing to get past it.

The meeting last night was a birthday meeting and people with various lengths of sobriety during the month were recognized and spoke a little bit. What has me so bothered is that my husband judged so many of the people in there. I just really feel like he was being a selfish and egotistical person and quite frankly it made me sick. For example, a 23 year old lady got an 8 year chip and he just couldn't let it go that there was no way that she could have known she was an alcoholic at 15. I personally disagree and shared that with him. And I also shared with him my thoughts on him being too judgmental.

I mean he doesn't know what anybody has been thru. Who is he to judge? I guess I just don't know what to do with these feelings. Should I just digest them and get over it? I shared with him my thoughts last night and I think any further discussing on the issue would only lead to a fight.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this. I am just so disappointed in the experience and quite frankly a little in him.