Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
11d

It does leave sadness in my heart because of a loss of companionship. BUT I have to accept that I am changed and therefore it changes my relationship with my friend/friends. I know her husband was very close to mine and they were "drinking buddies". He continues on. It is not for me to tell her he has a problem. She knows! They will continue on, just like I/we did, until something happens. I do believe in detaching from her/them, but I do not have to be resentful, ugly, hurtful, cold,.... DETACH with LOVE. I have told her that I will always cherish our memories and I will always be here if she ever needed something. That is how I left it. Every now and then I will call. They were our vacation friends. And they left yesterday with another family. It broke my heart and she never called to say anything. BUt last night I received a message on my phone because I could not bare to answer it. She said she was thinking of me and loved me. No, I did not call her back and I won't (maybe when they get back) because I have to detach. It will break my positive thoughts and serenity to talk to her. That is how it is. When one door closes another opens. Maybe it hasn't yet. Maybe my Higher Power isn't done with me and my changes (or my RAH). I have to be patient and live one day at a time. I hope this helps.....