View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
choose2bsober08
Never give up!

Hi there!
I thought I would speak about my experience. I am on Prozac, 20 mg a day and I suffer from severe anxiety and it has helped me immensily! I must say, it was a bit strange (jittery and surreal) at first, but I must emphasis you MUST give it at least 3 weeks before judging weather or not it is working for you. It takes a while to get in your system and a while before it regulates and assists you. If you make changes again and again immediatly after you don't feel good on a certain medication, you will never find the right one. Don't get me wrong, you know yourself better than anybody, even your doctor so you must listen to your body, but it is important to give the medication a chance, weather it be Prozac or anything else to get in your system and do it's thing! Anyhow, I have been on Prozac now for 3 years, 1 of which I was pregnant for and my son is 100% beautiful, healthy, smart, and amazing! He is a very happy baby. Perhaps the Prozac helped. ha ha. Seriously though, I agree with everyone on this post, everyone is different, but I wanted you to know that Prozac has helped me with my anxiety completely and the side effects I experienced such as the jitters and lack of sex drive have completly pasted and did so after about a month or so. Good luck to you!