View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

Well one down (party) and one to go (graduation). Party was a success, for all that my mom was a nervous wreck and I wasn't far behind her! Lots of guests, lots of money and presents for my deserving daughter! And lots of food and good company. She was the star of the show today, and enjoyed her 'fifteen minutes of fame'. She and family, me and her dad, and friends had a good time and we (me and her dad) were actually quite civil... seeing as how we had to be civil in public, don't you know! Even my mom and dad were quite civil with each other... my dad knows better than to make 'remarks' about my mom... tho my mom doesn't know better and talks dirt about him to me all the time... sigh... But all came together to help daughter celebrate her special day!

Now tomorrow she will leave her girlhood behind her and enjoy her summer before starting college in the fall. I am proud of her and tho I'll miss her terribly I know it's my job to raise good kind smart competent kids who are ready and able to grow up and leave home... sniff...sob...

So my whine is more a release of half the tension. I should really be exhausted by this time tomorrow!:bounce

It was also difficult to deal with my "successful" sister, who is so quick to point out the speck in my eye while ignoring the plank in her own, so to speak. I just remember how much I love her, even if I don't like her very much!

It was so tempting to want to just "go numb" during some stressful moments today... but I didn't give in!!